Join Groundwork Dallas at Frasier Dam Recreation Area, a unique 116-acre urban wilderness. Help us restore and improve this area through litter clean-up and removal, trail building, and maintenance. RSVP HERE
What we’ll be doing:
- River clean-up from canoes (weather and staff permitting)
- Clean-up along the edge of the river, forest, and creek bed
- Moving branches and debris from trails
- Pruning and trimming along paths
Groundwork Dallas will provide all tools, leather gloves, and canoeing equipment
Event Meeting Location:
9300 Stemmons Fwy, Dallas, TX 75247
Take the I-35 South ramp off of Harry Hines Blvd; entrance is to the right just under the bridge.
**The Yellow Banners That Say ‘Project Clean Up’ Mark The Job Site**
**The Yellow Feather Flags That Say ‘Parking’ Mark Where To Park**
• What to wear:
We will be working outdoors in areas that may have mosquitoes and poison ivy. Please wear boots or sturdy, closed-toe shoes, pants, and socks that come over the calves. We do not recommend ankle socks, yoga pants, or leggings.
• Other personal items to bring:
Water bottle(s), sunscreen, bug repellent, sunglasses, and snacks
• Groundwork Dallas will also provide water coolers and additional safety and first aid materials.
Please note, our volunteer events are held outside and are dependent on weather conditions. We make every effort to make cancelation decisions by 3:00 pm on Friday. We will communicate any cancellations, or changes, through MeetUp and our email list.